Terms and Conditions
By entering the Europcar ‘Win 1 of 4 weekend rentals with Europcar Promotion (the “Promotion”), you (the “Entrant”) are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1. Individuals will be automatically entered into the draw to win if they:
a) Hold a valid Driver’s Licence;
b) Are a minimum age of 21 years old;
c) Are a resident of Australia or New Zealand;
d) Complete a booking with Europcar through the Virgin Australia website (https://cartrawler.virginaustralia.com) ) or Europcar’s website (www.europcar.com.au/virginaustralia), or by phoning the Europcar Reservations Call Centre between Tuesday 26 July 2016 at 0:00 (AEST) and Monday 22 August 2016 at 23:59 (AEST) (the “Promotional Period”) and attach a dedicated Virgin Australia promotional code to the booking; and
e) Are the main driver listed on the Europcar booking.
2. Bookings with Europcar made while booking a flight on the Virgin Australia website are not eligible for entry into the draw.
3. If an individual does not wish to be automatically entered into this Promotion, they can contact email@example.com to be removed from the competition.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of: CLA Trading Pty Ltd (trading as Europcar Australia) ABN 81 082 220 399 (“Promoter”); or Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (“Sponsor”) or agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
5. Four (4) Prize Winners will be drawn at random at the end of the Promotional Period.
6. Each Prize Winner will receive one (1) Weekend Rental with Europcar, a Weekend Rental includes:
a) Three (3) day maximum vehicle rental days, valued at a maxiumum of $350.00 (including GST)
7. The total prize pool is valued at a maximum of $1,400.00 (including GST).
8. The Prize Winner will have the choice of a weekend rental in the following vehicle types; FDAR (Toyota Camry or similar) or SFDR (Toyota RAV4 or similar)
9. The Prize only includes one (1) driver and standard liability. Any extra charges including those for an additional driver, fuel charges, ancillary products, or additional liability options will be the responsibility of the Prize winner
10. Extra charges may apply to options you select, if you do not return the vehicle to the same pick up location or return the vehicle late, or if you do not return the vehicle full of fuel unless the prepaid fuel option is purchased, or if you incur infringements or use toll roads.
11. The Prize Winner must redeem their Prize before Saturday 17 December 2016.
12. The Prize cannot be redeemed during the Blackout Period. The Blackout Period is from Saturday 17 September 2016 to Sunday 9 October 2016.
13. The Prize winners must not cancel their car rental booking associated with the prize. If the booking is cancelled before or after the Prize has been awarded, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the Winner to claim the Prize, or to withdraw the Prize.
14. The Prize Winner cannot earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Points on the Prize. Velocity Points earn & redemption are subject to the Member Terms & Conditions available at www.velocityfrequentflyer.com, as amended from time to time.
16. Full Terms and Conditions can be found at www.europcar.com.au/VAwin
17. Information on how to enter and the Prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
18. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
19. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
21. Only one (1) entry permitted per rental.
22. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
23. Four (4) valid entrants will be drawn at random at 14:00 (AEST) on Wednesday 24 August 2016 at the offices of Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060. The winners will be notified in writing and will have their name and state published on the Europcar Australia and New Zealand Facebook pages on Monday 29 August 2016.
24. Should the initial winners not claim their prize/s within three (3) months from the draw date, a redraw will be held at 14:00 (AEDT) on Thursday 24 November 2016 at the offices of Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060. The redrawn winner will be notified in writing and the results of the redraw will be published on the Australia and New Zealand Facebook pages on Monday 28 November 2016.
25. This promotion is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner.
26. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
28. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. Any unused balance of the prize will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the prize is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer.
29. If for any reason a Winner does not redeem the Prize or an element of the Prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited.
30. Prize, or any unused portion of a Prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
31. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
32. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
33. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
34. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
35. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize .
36. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the Winner (and his/her companion, if applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
37. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
38. The Promoter is CLA Trading Pty Ltd (trading as Europcar Australia) (ABN 81 082 220 399) of PO Box 1139, Tullamarine VIC, Australia, 3043.
39. The Sponsor is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty BN 36 090 670 965 of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006
40. The Promoter may use and disclose your personal information to provide you with information on offers, products and services offered by the Europcar Group, it’s Related Entities, franchisees and licensees. The Promoter may also provide you with information on other products and services offered by Europcar Group, its partners or affiliates. We do not use Sensitive Information for marketing purposes.
41. If at any time you no longer wish to receive any additional marketing material from The Promoter or do not want your information disclosed for direct marketing purposes, contact our Privacy Officer and we will remove your details from our marketing database. Further details on our Private Policy can be found at http://www.europcar.com.au/EBE/module/render/security-and-privacy-policy
42. Authorised under NSW Permit Number: LTPS/16/05317