Competition Terms and Conditions
Game of Chance
Europcar 1 Million Points Promotion
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to current Velocity Frequent Flyer members aged 21 years and over, residing in Australia or New Zealand, who a rent a car with Europcar between 18 January 2021 and 28 February 2021 (Promotion Period), travel between 18 January 2021 and 31 July 2021 (Travel Period) and earn Velocity Points in accordance with the terms and conditions on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/Info/CarHireTerms
(Entrants). The Promoter is CLA Trading Pty Ltd (trading as Europcar Australia) (ABN 81 082 220 399) of registered address 189 South Centre Road, Tullamarine, VIC 3043.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of CLA Trading Pty Ltd (trading as Europcar Australia) (“The Promoter”), Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (Virgin Australia) and Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd, Engage Interactive Pty Limited, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
4. The Promotion commences at 00:01 am AEST on 18 January 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm AEST on 28 February 2021.
5. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must:
b. Be a current Velocity member and provide their Velocity membership name and number at the time of the booking; and
c. Be the named driver of the car rental agreement.
6. One (1) Eligible Rental equates to one (1) valid entry. There is no limit to the number of entries per Entrant for the duration of the Promotion Period.
7. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of the Entrant collects the booked rental vehicle and not at the time of booking. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. If a booking is cancelled or refunded at any time then the entry or entries will be deemed invalid. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
8. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email: email@example.com
and you will be removed from the Promotion.
9. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
C. Drawing Winners
10. The draw will be conducted at 3.00pm AEST on Friday 05 March 2021 at Engage Interactive Pty Ltd, 24 Washpool Crescent Woongarrah NSW 2259.
11. The Winner’s name and state will be announced on Europcar’s website www.europcar.com.au
, fourteen (14) days after the draw has occurred. The Winner will be notified within seven (7) days from the draw date, by phone or email where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address.
12. If a prize is not claimed within three (3) months of publication, a redraw will be conducted. If required, the redraw will be conducted on Monday 7 June 2021 at 3:00 pm AEST at Engage Interactive Pty Ltd, 24 Washpool Crescent Woongarrah NSW 2259.
13. A redrawn Winner will be notified by phone or email seven (7) days after the draw. The name and state of the re-draw Winner will be published on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website fourteen (14) days after the re-draw date.
14. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
15. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
16. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
17. There is one (1) Major Prize to be won in total comprised of 1,000,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points.
18. Average total prize pool value is $37,000 AUD (excluding GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. The Velocity points will be credited to the Winner’s account on or by 30 April 2021.
21. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
22. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
23. By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
24. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
26. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner, an Entrant or their employer in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
27. Winners will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
28. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
29. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
30. The first valid entry drawn will win 1,000,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points which may be redeemed for goods and services with an estimated value of $37,000. Velocity Points will be allocated to the Velocity Member’s Account only. Value is based on a sample of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program at the time of this Promotion (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program which can be viewed at www.velocityfrequentflyer.com
). The estimate of value is provided for the purposes of licensing this promotion only – the value of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will vary depending on how and when they are redeemed by the winners through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program.
The Velocity Frequent Flyer Points can be redeemed through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program in several ways, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program and Velocity Frequent Flyer store.
31. The Promoter, its agents and associate companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
33. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
34. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
35. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
36. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
37. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
38. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
41. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
42. Authorised under permit numbers NSW: TP/00568, ACT: TP 20/0169: SA: T20/1501